If you are looking for the best wireless router under 300 dollars, In this article we are going to explain about wireless router and what is the difference between different routers, and which router will suit best on your need.
A wireless router allows you to connect multiple devices and access the internet connection anywhere at a public place or it might be in your home & office. In this article, we will dig out what is the difference between the different wireless routers and what makes a router different, and other aspects that differentiate routers which are price, network speed, performance, and compatibility.
Wireless routers are either single-band or dual-band. The way to identify them is simple: a single-band router uses the 2.4GHz band frequency while a dual-band device uses both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band frequency which means that they transmit two simultaneous wireless signals, providing better performance as compared to a single-band router.
A single band router work on 2.4 GHz frequency which can support a minimum speed of 150 Mbps to 450 Mbps but in the case of a Dual-band router speed goes 1300Mbps to 2.0 Gbps. A single band router is made to serve a small area and fewer users can connect at a time but a dual-band router is expensive as compared to single-band router and it is made to serve a large area or group of people with speed stability. Here are some features that are given in the table which differentiate single and double band router.
|Router Types||Single-Band Router||Dual-Band Router|
|Suitable For||Small Home||Large home|
|Designed For||Web Browsing, Email, Videos Watching||Online High-Resolution Gaming, Video Streaming|
|Covering area||Small||Very large|
|The number of connected devices||5-7||Up to 15|
|Signal Strength||Medium||Very strong|
|Suitable for High Wi-Fi Dense Area (apartment…)||No||Yes|
|Operating frequency||2.4GHz||2.4GHZ and 5GHz|
These are the best routers under $300 picked by our product expert which are available on the Amazon.com. You can check out detailed product-related information and current price detail on the seller website.
1. NETGEAR Nighthawk 5-Stream AX5 WiFi 6 Router
About this item
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT FASTER SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 4.2Gbps WiFi speed. Works with existing and new WiFi 6 devices like iPhone 11, Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing WiFi Router (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 1Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your WiFi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- NETGEAR ARMOR POWERED BY BITDEFENDER: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 1.5GHz triple-core processor, OFDMA, 1024-QAM, Beamforming technologies and Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Voice Control. Supports WPA3 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN and more
2. ASUS Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router
About this item
- 1024 Qam technology 80 percent faster 5 GigaHertz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66 percent faster 2. 4 GigaHertz at up to 1000 Mbps; utilities: firmware restoration
- 33 percent greater 2. 4 GigaHertz coverage with a 4 transmit, 4 receive (4T4R) antenna design, able to reach our widest ever coverage up to 5000 square feet
- Expansive connectivity options: with exclusively has 8 x Gigabit LAN ports for up to eight Ethernet compatible devices to connect simultaneously
- Powerful 1. 4 GigaHertz dual core processor, faster USB data transfers enjoy up to over 100 MB/s Speed and the router download/UPLOAD speed (WAN LAN throughput) up to 1. 8 Gaps
- Smart Connect automatically chooses the best band available for you, Dimensions: 11. 8 x 7. 4 x 3. 3 inch (WDHP).
- ASUS Protection powered by Trend Micro ensures your online experience is safe and secure. By combining automatic vulnerability detection, malicious site blocking and parental controls, Protection keeps everyone safe and sound
- Connected devices must be 802.11ac-compatible for best results
3. Linksys MR9600 Mesh Wi-Fi Router
About this item
- Powered by intelligent mesh technology
- Coverage up to 3000 square feet and supports 40+ devices
- Wi-Fi 6 speeds up to 6.0 Gbps to support 4K/8K streaming, gaming, video calls and more
- Dynamically maximizes Wi-Fi speed and eliminates dead zones in your home
- Future-proof and easily expandable, simply add Linksys Mesh products to expand coverage throughout your home
- Sets up in minutes with the easy to use Linksys App
- With Alexa, easily mange Wi-Fi access for devices and individuals in your home
4. NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Wi-Fi Router
About this item
- Minimize ping and maximize performance with four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag free, wired connectivity and 1.7 GHz dual core processor network efficiency
- Amp up your WiFi with AC2600 dual band router that delivers blazing fast speeds up to 2.6 Gbps
- Put your gaming traffic in a designated express lane with advanced quality of service, bypassing network congestion and reducing lag spikes, jumps and jitters
- Make every millisecond count by using geo filtering to connect to the closest servers and players so you can respond and dominate
- Monitor your network and game ping in real time so you can see who’s hogging the bandwidth by device and application
- Protect your network identity by connecting to a secure gaming VPN server
- Optimized to give you the lowest ping possible on Fortnite, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Overwatch, PubG, CS:GO, and more
5. ASUS Gaming Router Tri-band WiFi For VR & 4K streaming
About this item
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4×4 MU-MIMO technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5,000 sq. ft.)
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor maximizes data throughput from 8-ports and dual USB 3.0 for optimizing network traffic and connectivity speeds 3. VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update)
- VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update). WAN Connection Type-Internet connection type- Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Game IPS Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection for your gaming network from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or devices.Power supply:AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz),DC Output : 19 V with max. 3.42 A current
- ROG Game Dashboard gives you access to exclusive features like Game Boost, Game IPS, VPN Fusion, and route-optimized low ping time gaming servers using WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) – all to help you optimize your gaming network
- AirMesh Supported – Upgrade your firmware to easily connect to other compatible ASUS routers to create a powerful and flexible whole-home Wi-Fi network; 1024-QAM high data rate, 20/40/80 MHz bandwidth